Adding Suspense to Your Screenplays
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Whether you’re writing a drama, thriller, action, horror, or even a romantic comedy, suspense is a key element to keep your audience engaged. In this webinar, Christine Conradt offers specific techniques for adding suspense to your screenplay or novel through word choice, pacing, and misdirection. She shows you to build cliff-hangers into your story and how to create seemingly unsolvable dilemmas for your characters.
Designed for writers of all levels, Christine breaks down actual screenplay pages and written examples to show how to craft scenes and chapters to keep your reader wanting to know more. Webinar participants receive a list of sample phrases and descriptors they can use in their own writing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to create cliff-hangers at the end of scenes or chapters
- Techniques for increasing the pacing
- Ways to paint your protagonist into a corner
- Words and phrases that you can use in your own writing
- The difference between a thriller and a mystery
- How to add misdirection without “cheating” the audience
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers of all levels from novice to professional
- Writers of screenplays, short stories, and novels
- Writers who want to expand their repertoire of writing techniques
- Writers who feel suspense is lacking in their stories
- Writers who want to understand the differences between thrillers and mysteries
- Writers of all genres
- Writers who want to see suspense techniques used in actual screenplays and prose
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Christine Conradt
Christine Conradt is an L.A.-based screenwriter/producer with four indie features and more than 40 made-for-tv movies that have aired on Lifetime, LMN, USA, and Fox. She is the primary writer behind Lifetime’s most successful franchises including the “at 17” series, the “Perfect” series, the “Secret” series and the “Met Online” series. Originally from Nebraska, Christine moved to Los Angeles to attend the Cinematic Arts program at the University of Southern California where she obtained a degree in screenwriting. She later went on to receive a Masters in Criminal Justice from Boston University. She’s been featured in Now Write! Screenwriting and Now W...