7 Common Blunders Screenwriters Make (and How to Avoid Them)
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Gain a competitive edge by overcoming the mistakes that developing writers commonly make—by replacing those mistakes with sound writing strategies. This is not your typical presentation on the overall structure, paradigms, and other macro issues; this webinar focuses on the specifics of writing and revising a screenplay gleaned from two decades of reading and evaluating screenplays. Clear and explicit examples are provided.
Learn how to discover and dramatize the cinematic moments and emotional beats in your screenplay that make a difference. Understand how to write for your true audience: the reader. Get answers to questions: What are the secrets of writing crisp movie dialogue and great scenes? How many details do I include in my exciting scene? What’s the real difference between show and tell, and how do I apply the “less is more” principle to my screenplay? What is the single most common formatting error screenwriters make that hurts their chances with readers?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to create original material
- How to convert obvious exposition into dramatic dialogue
- How to write compelling action
- How to milk the emotion and make the reader cry
- When to shorten and lengthen scenes
- When and how to leave room for subtext in dialogue
- How to apply the Readability Factor
- Find your unlimited supply of characterization opportunities
- How to write with creative abandon
- How to craft a cunning core story statement (pitch)
- And so much more!
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who have just begun a script
- Writers who have completed a script
- Writers having difficulty revising their script
- Anyone in the midst of the writing process
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 05/07/2012
- Publication date: 05/07/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: David Trottier
Dave Trottier has sold or optioned ten scripts and helped countless fellow screenwriters break into Hollywood through his work as an acclaimed script consultant and author of The Screenwriter's Bible, the Industry's de facto spec writing and formatting guide. He also writes a column for Script magazine and hosts keepwriting.com.