3 Secrets for Selling Your Nonfiction Book Webinar
At a Glance
Nonfiction books, with the possible exception of memoir, are sold almost entirely on the basis of a great idea combined with the perfect author. Does your nonfiction concept have what it takes to get the attention of an editor or agent? This webinar helps you understand how to identify and persuasively present the most marketable qualities of your project, and build a book proposal that lands a book deal. While there is no "right way" to prepare a book proposal—just as there is no right way to write a book—you'll understand what an industry professional looks for when reviewing your idea.
What you'll learn:
- Find out the difference between a nonfiction book concept that gets an immediate, enthusiastic response from agents/editors—and one that gets no response.
- Learn the one golden rule of nonfiction book ideas and how it assures publication every time.
- Learn the basics of nonfiction book proposal writing—smart authors never write the book first, they always write a proposal.
- Why self-help/memoir hybrid works almost always get rejected.
- The types of memoirs that can and do sell today.
- How a book proposal needs to be approached like a business plan to be successful.
- Why the marketability of your idea (or the strength of your platform) is more important than the quality of your writing.
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jane Friedman
Jane Friedman is a former publishing & media exec who now teaches full-time at the University of Cincinnati. She has spoken on writing, publishing, and the future of media at more than 200 events since 2001, including South by Southwest, BookExpo America, and the Association of Writers and Writing Programs.
Her expertise has been featured by sources such as NPR’s Morning Edition, Publishers Weekly, GalleyCat, PBS, The Huffington Post, and Mr. Media. She has consulted with a range of nonprofits, businesses, and creative professionals, including the National Endowment for the Arts, the Creative Work Fund, and the Contemporary Arts Center in Ci...