2-Day Film School for Writers
At a Glance
THE CONCEPT: Hollywood is a business. It's called show business. It's not called show art. And anyone, with talent (talent can't be taught), can learn the business of making and selling Feature Films, even Documentaries & TV/Cable Programs, once given the basic information.
THE PROOF: With this simple concept the “2-Day Film School” has launched 1,000s of film careers (Quentin Tarantino, Will Smith, Guy Ritchie, Chris Nolan, Damon Wayans, Queen Latifah, etc.) that have led to over $16,000,000,000 (Yes, B) in Box Office successes.
THE CURRICULUM: The course assumes you have talent and is broken into two days focusing 100% on the business (Day-1) of making a feature film and the business (Day-2) of selling that feature film.
Day-1, “FILMMAKING A-Z”, teaches step-by-step how to create, write, package, cast, direct, shoot & edit your first HD/Digital feature film on budgets from as little as $10,000 (Micro-Budget) to as high as $10,000,000 (Low-Budget).
Day-2, “DEALMAKING A-Z”, teaches how to market, sell and finance feature films by attending festivals, while securing pre-sells & maximizing profits from Theatrical, Foreign, Cable/TV, DVD, VOD, SOD, EST and 20 other revenue sources.
*The 2-day Film intensive also includes:
*Provided by Dov Simens
WRITE, DIRECT & SHOOT YOUR FIRST FEATURE FILM TO INCLUDE...
- Independent Filmmaking Basics
- Micro- & Low-Budget Secrets
- Creating & Protecting Ideas
- Writing & Selling a Great Screenplay
- Directing Script, Cast & Crew
- Directing On-Schedule & On-Budget
- Directing 5-7 Pages per Day
- Casting Name Actors & Talent
- Budgeting & Scheduling Techniques
- Pre-Production, Paperwork & Planning
- HD/Digital Filmmaking Costs & Savings
- Shooting the 1-3 Week Features
- Selecting Camera Formats & 3D
- Hiring Crew & Renting Equipment
- Lighting, Shooting & Sound Basics
- Editing, Scoring & Lab Work
- PLUS…MUCH-MUCH MORE
PRODUCE, FINANCE & SELL YOUR FIRST FEATURE FILM TO INCLUDE...
- Understanding the Hollywood System
- Producing a Marketable Project
- Financing $10K-$50K Micro-Budgets
- Financing 3-5 Week Union Features
- Financing $1,000,000-$2,000,000 Feature
- Pre-Selling $2,000,000-$10,000,000 Films
- Hiring Writers & Optioning Properties
- Government Funding Programs
- Co-Production Deals at Cannes & Sundance
- Crowd Funding Donations & Equity
- Working with Agents & Attorneys
- Attending Festivals & Winning Awards
- Securing Gross & Net Distributor Deals
- Cable/TV Deals & Sales
- On-Demand & Pay-Per-View Revenues
- Maximizing Grosses & Profits
- PLUS…MUCH-MUCH MORE
December 10-11, 2016
2-Day Film School
Saturday – 9:00a to 6:00p
Sunday – 9:00a to 6:00p
5300 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
- Date available: 02/25/2016
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Dov S-S Simens
I never went to an expensive film school. I graduated from Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA, 1965, BA-Economics) and spent 3 years in the army (1st Lieutenant, Special Forces, '66 - '69). After Vietnam, I owned a successful bookstore in Carmel, California.