12 Top Tips to Write a Screenplay that Gets Noticed by Agents and Production Companies
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Executives and agents receive THOUSANDS of scripts a year. Most of them are not at a high quality in terms of plot set up, character engagement and dialogue, and most of them are passed over. This seminar will provide tips and practical applications to elevate the quality of your writing so you can stand out and increase your chances of becoming a million dollar writer.
Wendy Kram has been an executive for production companies at Disney, Sony and Universal, and has developed and produced projects for ABC, CBS, NBC, Lifetime, Showtime and HBO. Having read thousands of writers over the years, and interacting with Hollywood buyers, executives and talent agents on a daily basis, she brings valuable insights about what makes executives respond to certain scripts over others.
You will benefit from insider knowledge about what sells, what you can do to distinguish yourself, and develop a reputation as a writer executives want to hire.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to avoid common and mistakes that are career killers
- Learn the qualities agents and executives look for
- Specific tips and methods to elevate your craft
- How to make your work stand out from the crowd
- Increase your chances of getting noticed and becoming a Million Dollar writer
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Screenwriters & TV Writers seeking to elevate their craft and stand out from the crowd
- Screenwriters & TV Writers who want to get noticed by agents and executives
- Screenwriters & TV Writers who want to increase their exposure and job opportunities
- Screenwriters & TV Writers who want to sell spec scripts and get writing assignments
- Screenwriters & TV Writers seeking agents and managers
- Screenwriters & TV Writers looking to get their projects optioned
- Producers seeking tips to improve the quality of their scripts
- Book Authors who are adapting scripts based on their work
- Beginning Screenwriters & TV Writers seeking to start out with an advantage
- Film Student Graduates seeking to apply what they’ve learned to their professional pursuits
- Date available: 10/28/2013
- Publication date: 10/28/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Wendy Kram
Wendy Kram is a producer and the owner of L.A. FOR HIRE, a consulting company for screenwriters, filmmakers and production companies, assisting them in developing, packaging and selling their projects. Creative Screenwriting Magazine ranks Wendy as one of the top 3 consultants in the industry with expertise in marketing. Under her guidance, she has been responsible for selling and producing projects and securing high six-figure deals for her clients. For more information about Wendy’s services, success stories and how she may be able to help you advance your projects and careers, please visit www.la4hire.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org