12 Things to Nail Down Before You Start Your Next Rewrite
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Rewriting a draft script is very important, but notoriously difficult to most writers. Tom Benedek, screenwriter and teacher, has vast experience with teaching screenwriting and rewriting. In this live webinar, you’ll learn to create a rewrite agenda which addresses "the big 12" screenplay elements to take your draft to the next level. You will acquire a method to walk the fine line between over-thinking and under-thinking when rewriting script pages to make it a satisfying and successful creative process. You will also be taught a system to bring an instinctive, common-sense approach to improving your script dramatically.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to win the war by writing a breakthrough draft.
• How to generate a matrix of creative elements that will elevate AND mesh easily with what you have already written.
• Strategies to quickly redevelop and energize your characters.
• Tactics to weave better subplots to build out story and theme.
• Tactics to re-structure plot conflict to best engage and entertain readers.
• How to identify underdeveloped story elements before typing fade in.
• How to strengthen the writing process so you can make sure your story outline or beat sheet has all the walls it needs to support your story.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Beginning, intermediate, or advanced-professional screenwriters looking for new ideas to improve their craft.
• Writers that are just starting a draft or want to greatly improve their current project.
• Writers looking for strategies for character development, subplots, and theme.
• Writers looking to refine their plot or wanting tactics to improve their plot.
• Writers looking to develop a solid story outline or beat sheet.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 08/26/2012
- Publication date: 08/26/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Tom Benedek
Tom Benedek wrote the screenplay for Cocoon, The Adventures of Pinocchio, and other films. In addition to teaching the craft of screenwriting, Tom has interviewed dozens of agents, managers, production execs, working screenwriters for his Network Hollywood class at ScreenWritingMasterClass.com. He has written screenplays for Robert Zemeckis, Lawerence Kasdan, Lili Fini Zanuck and Richard Zanuck, David Brown, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Sydney Pollack, Richard Rush, Harold Ramis, Lauren Schuler Donner and Richard Donner, Ray Stark, and many more.
He is a member of the Writers’ Guild of America, West and the Writers’ Branch of the Academy of Moti...