12 Steps to a Screen-Worthy Script
At a Glance
75% of writers fail on concept alone, but 25% fail because they don’t know how to make their good script, great. We will go through the 12 most important things you need to do to ensure your concept and script will be truly screen-worthy, including:
- The 12 Steps to making sure your script reads like a professional script
- The Keys to taking your script to the next level
- How to make sure your script is Visual, Compelling and Cinematic (the 3 Pillars)
- How to know if you have a sellable concept
- How to know if your hook is original and exploited enough
- How to create truly dynamic, castable chracters
- How to create killer professional set pieces
- The 10 keys to creating suspense on the page
- How to create a perfect logline for your project
- How to make sure you're connecting with your target demographic
- Ways to set the tone of your script
- How to know if you're writing the natural story to your concept
- How to make sure your dialogue grabs a reader
- How to make sure your conflict and stakes are progressing your story
- Different specific writing exercises you can do to make sure your script is Screen-Worthy!
You’ll also learn how to create your own conflict/stakes graph (exclusive to No BullScript) which will ensure your story is compelling and cinematic! We’ll go through specific exercises that will help you develop your projects and know if you’ve got a sellable winner.
Who Should Attend:
- Writers who want to learn the professional tricks of the trade
- Writers who want to make sure their scripts are ready
- Writers who want to learn great exercises to improve character, dialogue, tone, etc.
- Writers who want to learn the formula to creating great set piece scenes
- Writers who are to rewrite and polish their scripts
- Writers who want to know what executives are looking for
- Writers who want a critique with their logline!*
* This seminar also includes a critique. Anyone who attends will get their logline personally critiqued and fixed by Danny after the course!
The Writers Store
3510 W. Magnolia Blvd.,
Burbank, CA 91505
- Date available: 04/03/2013
- Publication date: 03/25/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Daniel Manus
Daniel Manus has been a development executive (Clifford Werber Productions, Sandstorm Films), producer, and in-demand script consultant in Hollywood for several years and is the founder of No BullScript Consulting. He was ranked in the top 15 “Cream of the Crop” Script Consultants by Creative Screenwriting Magazine, 2010, and is the author of “No B.S. for Screenwriters: Advice from the Executive Perspective.” He teaches seminars across the country and is a weekly columnist for The Business of Show Institute and Script Magazine’s website....