10 Steps to Developing a Killer TV Pilot
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There are hundreds pilot scripts circulating in Hollywood. Most of them will never be produced or even be able to be used as a great writing sample. Knowing the critical elements that all agents, managers and executives are looking for in a pilot script will help you to be taken seriously and get the traction needed to launch a successful television writing career.
As a development executive, Carole heard more than three thousand pitches and was involved in developing hundreds of pilot scripts and dozens of television series. Over the years it became clear that the most successful scripts and series had certain elements in common. Those elements were created during the development process of writing the pilot script. Carole will share with you, step by step, what those elements are so you can take a fresh look at your concept, outline or script to make it irresistible to the television industry.
Carole has worked with hundreds of successful writers throughout the development process and through that work created a template for what goes into a killer pilot script. You don’t have to settle for a script that gets you good feedback but no meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- A concrete, step by step guide to creating an industry-ready pilot script
- What kind of ideas make great pilots
- What’s at the heart of a great pilot script
- How to create compelling characters
- What your pilot story has to have
- A simple but powerful formula for creating a killer log line that’s the basis of your pilot
- What you need to pitch your pilot
- The road to getting staffed
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers with a completed pilot script but it isn’t getting them traction
- Writers who are in the middle of a pilot script and are stuck
- Writers who are in the middle of a pilot script and want to make it great
- Writers who are ready to start their first pilot script and want to get it right
- Writers who have ideas for pilots but need help implementing them
- Writers looking to sell their pilot
- Writers looking to get staffed
- Date available: 01/24/2014
- Publication date: 01/24/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Carole Kirschner
Director of WGA’s Showrunner Training Program, co-creator of the CBS Writers Mentoring Program, Director of Humanitas New Voices, international speaker and a leading expert on career strategies, Carole Kirschner teaches creative professionals how to navigate the often mystifying landscape of show business. Her book, Hollywood Game Plan: How to Land a Job in Film, TV and Digital Entertainment is a primer on how to break in, stay in and move up in the entertainment industry. Through her popular workshops, Carole teaches wri...