Your First 10 Pages: Make a Lasting Impression
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
By page ten you have either hooked your reader or lost them. You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression!
This webinar will teach you techniques that will make your first page exciting and engaging to readers. Use these methods that professional screenwriters use to hook your readers by page 10 and keep them read until the end!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• What to include in your first pages
• How to grab your readers from page one
• The crucial elements your screenplay must have
• How character, plot, and conflict relate to your story
• How to write scenes that are exciting and stirring for the reader while continuing to move your story forward
• The common mistakes most writers make when beginning a screenplay and how to avoid them
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Writers who want to learn what producers are really looking for in the first 10 pages
• Writers who have a great story, but are having trouble getting its full potential across to their readers
• Writers who want to hook their reader from the very first page
• Writers who are having trouble getting their story started
• Writers who have had their script rejected
• Writers who want their script to feel professional
• Writers applying for festivals, competitions, fellowships, and grants
• Writers who want to improve their craft
• Writers who would like to learn more about capturing the attention of agents, producers, and managers
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Instructor: William C. Martell
- Date available: 11/15/2012
- Publication date: 11/15/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: William C. Martell
William C. Martell has written twenty produced films, including three HBO World Premieres (Steel Sharks, Crash Dive! and Grid Runners) two for Showtime (Black Thunder and Droid Gunner), three Cinemax Premieres (Treacherous, Night Hunter and The Base), plus a couple of USA Network thrillers (Hard Evidence and Blind Trust).
He's the West Coast editor of Scr(i)pt Magazine and has written the "Independents" column for over a decade. He has been a contributor to Writer's Digest Magazine, has written the Screenwriting 101 column for the Independent Film Channel Magazine, and had his work discussed on Siskel & Ebert's If We Picked The Winners Oscar...