Writing the Spec Script that Launches Your Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
An extremely well-executed spec script is required to break into the business, yet agents and managers constantly report that the vast majority of scripts submitted to them for consideration aren’t even close to being strong enough. The truth is that most writers waste valuable time writing scripts with little to no chance at success without knowing it.
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 47 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing writing assignments. In this webinar, he will teach you the specific skills and tools his students & clients have used to write a spec script and break into the business. He will also discuss what agents and managers are looking for in today’s marketplace.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to write a script that captures a reader’s attention.
• Why most scripts are rejected.
• What type of scripts stand out and get noticed.
• How to know if your script is ready to be read by an industry pro.
• How to get your script in front of the right people.
• What exactly agents and managers are looking for.
• How to avoid the mistakes that can sink your chances.
• When and if you should pay someone for notes.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN:
• Writers who are looking for real tools to make their scripts unique and desirable.
• Writers who want an agent or manager.
• Writers who are about to go out in the industry with a screenplay.
• Writers who have had their script rejected.
• Writers who are about to start writing a new screenplay.
• Writers who are about to rewrite their script.
• Anyone who is new to screenwriting and wants to start out on the right foot
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 09/21/2012
- Publication date: 09/21/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Corey Mandell
Corey Mandell is an award-winning playwright and screenwriter who has written projects for Ridley Scott, Wolfgang Petersen, Harrison Ford, John Travolta, Julia Roberts, Warner Brothers, Universal, 20th Century Fox, Fox 2000, Fox Family, Working Title, Paramount, Live Planet, Beacon Films, Touchstone, Trilogy, Radiant, Kopelson Entertainment and Walt Disney Pictures.
Corey is also a distinguished instructor at UCLA, where he earned his MFA. His students have gone on to sell or option scripts to Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony Pictures, Disney, Fox, Fox 2000, MGM, Universal, New Line, Showtime, USA Network and Lifetime. Others have gained admiss...