Writing a Great Horror Film
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Discover the little-known tricks of the trade that are vital to writing and marketing this money-making genre with Writing a Great Horror Film. In this live webinar, award-winning screenwriter Glenn M. Benest will cover the unique methods for writing commercial horror scripts and creating scares for your audience.
Through analysis of scenes from well-known horror films along with student examples from past classes, you’ll learn the techniques they used to make their projects truly memorable.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to use more than just fear and terror to create the right mood
• How to break tension with humor, wit, relief and fake jumps
• How to create relatable characters in compromising, scary situations
• How horror is all about dark secrets and “the tease”
• The importance of a truly horrible villain
• Horror subgenres, including The Creature Feature, Slasher, Teen Horror, Zombie/Vampire, Horror/Comedy, Horror/Romance, Torture, and Supernatural
• What is unique about horror that doesn’t relate to any other genre
• What many great horror films have in common
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Anyone who is writing or plans to write a horror film
• Any screenwriter who would like to learn about this genre
• Producers, directors and development people who are interested in helping screenwriters hone their craft in the horror field
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 10/05/2012
- Publication date: 10/05/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched five feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.