Web TV Series Distribution and Marketing
At a Glance
With the advent of low-cost production tools and new distribution platforms, writers now have an extraordinary opportunity to create, market, and monetize their stories on the web and become key players in the new digital entertainment landscape. Producing and sharing a low-budget web TV series is one of the best ways to showcase your talent to the world market for the first time, build word-of-mouth buzz, and ultimately sell your project to a movie studio or TV network.
This class will introduce students to the creative, technological, and business aspects of producing a web series. It gives students a basic understanding of web series distribution and marketing, focusing on practical concepts, processes and strategic approaches used by today’s top creators.
You will learn how to:
- Rent the right video, audio, lighting, and grip equipment
- Locate and secure great locations for free
- Stage the scene properly and get sufficient shot coverage to make editing easier
- Edit your video with non-linear editing software
- Add music, sound effects, and voiceover to your videos
- Create visual effects shots using inexpensive software
- Upload and promote your videos on YouTube and other video hosting sites
- Generate over one hundred thousand page views for each episode
- Earn money from your web series
- Employ clever, low-cost marketing strategies
- Reach out to social media influencers
- Avoid the common mistakes made by amateurs
Using real world case studies and proven techniques you can implement right away with your own projects, the instructor will show you everything you need to know to promote your web series and build an audience. In addition, a high level industry pro will be brought in as a guest speaker for the last 30 minutes of class to answer your questions.
Most of this insider information is NOT available in how-to books or online.
- Date available: 11/13/2012
- Publication date: 11/13/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Martin Shapiro
Martin Shapiro created the horror comic book series Chopper, and sold the movie rights to it. As part of an ambitious transmedia launch, the prequel to Chopper was produced as a web TV series starring Tyler Mane (Halloween, X-Men) and Andrew Bryniarski (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Batman Returns). Mr. Shapiro’s action-thriller screenplay Lair of the Fox was optioned by Ilya Salkind (Producer of Superman). Mr. Shapiro has written and developed projects for MGM, HBO and numerous production companies including an adaptation of Dragonlance, the New York Times bestselling series of fantasy novels ...