The Write Start Contest
The 10 Finalists are:
Derek Jimenez - Graduation
Doug Fitch - Operation Jericho
J.L. Leonard - The Resting Place
Vanessa Carmona - Everleigh Yours
Christopher Atkinson - Champion
T.M. Hayes - Christmas Time is Here
Victoria Rau - Alice in Zombieland
Christina Ferguson - Whacking Betty
Eric Sennewald - The Ghost Rocker
Nora Jane - To The Moon and Back
The 25 Semi-Finalists are:
Before you submit your one-sheet to The Write Start Contest, check out our new ScriptXpert Screenplay One-Sheet Critique service! Submit with confidence after a professional review!
Have an idea for a screenplay? With the Write Start Contest, that’s all you need to get started on your Hollywood career!
This international competition challenges you to produce a One-Sheet, using our free How to Write a Screenplay One-Sheet tool as a guide. Enter this summary of your script idea in the Write Start Contest, and you could see your work go in front of top Industry Insiders, and be crowned the top winner. The Write Start Contest has a total prize package valued at more than $10,000 and invaluable Industry access!
Ready to get started?
- Step 1. Enter today to take part in the Write Start Contest, and submit your entry anytime before the final submission date. Securing your entry today is a great way to motivate yourself to get down to writing!
- Step 2. Create a "One-Sheet” using our free How to Write a Screenplay One-Sheet Guide. And take your time—once you’ve signed up and submitted your entry fee, your One-Sheet isn’t due until the final deadline.
How the rest of the contest works
All One-Sheet submissions will be carefully read by our studio readers. From these submissions, 25 semi-finalists will be chosen, whose One-Sheets will then be judged by a Panel of Industry Execs, including:
New Wave Entertainment
10 finalists will be chosen, and each will receive Final Draft 9 and enter into a 6-week Screenwriters University writing program, where they will develop their One-Sheets into screenplays. The course begins in January 2015.
The completed screenplays will receive ScriptXpert Extended Coverage/Development Notes, and finalists will have two weeks to make the suggested edits and complete the final draft of their scripts for judging.
Our team of Industry Insiders evaluates the completed screenplays and chooses a top three, all of whom will receive Screenwriters World 2015 Platinum Passes.
The Grand Prize Winner also meets by phone with an executive, who will provide feedback on the screenplay and career advice.
The Write Start Contest is open to all genres, and has a budget-friendly $20 submission fee. So what are you waiting for? Enter your One-Sheet today!
Looking for the regulations and answers to specific questions? Check out The Write Start's Contest’s FAQs.
- Contest Begins: October 1, 2014
- Early Deadline: November 15, 2014
- Early Fee: $20
- Standard Deadline: November 30, 2014
- Standard Fee: $30
- Semi-Finalists Announced: December 22, 2014
- Finalists Announced: December 29, 2014
- Program Begins: January 2015
- Winners Announced: March, 2015