The Secrets to Distribution: Get Your Movie Distributed Now! (2-Day Master Class)
Not able to make it to Los Angeles for the live event? Click here to learn more about The Secrets to Distribution DVD Set.
You’ve taken a Herculean journey and made a movie. Congratulations! Or you’re about to embark on this journey. Great! What do you do to ensure the final step, achieving distribution? How do you play “the game?" Is there even a game?
The answer is YES. There is a game. There are strategies. Whether you’re about to start shooting, have finished final cut or are on the film festival circuit, you can achieve successful distribution. It is not impossible, but there are strategies that MOST Producers & Directors do not know or understand.
Where can you learn the strategies of this seemingly complicated endeavor, start earning money and get on to your next film? At producer Jerome Courshon’s powerful 2-Day Master Class, “The Secrets to Distribution: Get Your Movie Distributed Now!”
“I can’t say enough about Jerome’s class! It’s fun, sincere, candid and informed. You can’t put a price on the information he teaches -- but avoiding the pitfalls of distribution could save you north of $50,000!”
-- Kerry David, Producer of 6 Movies including Agent Cody Banks, Like Dandelion Dust, My Date With Drew
“GREAT Program! What makes Jerome’s material so powerful is his personal experiences in the trenches. He fills a gap in most filmmakers’ education and provides a roadmap for the often murky and ever-changing world of distribution. His Program is important, valuable, and one that filmmakers of all levels can benefit from in getting their movies out there.”
-- Doug Atchison, Director/Writer, Akeelah and the Bee
AT THE MASTER CLASS YOU WILL LEARN:
- Theatrical Distribution
- What to do and not to do with theatrical distributors; most filmmakers fail here, even when they have a killer movie
- The 8 Fundamental Models of getting your movie into the revenue stream to maximize earnings
- Home Video Distribution
- Last year, Blu-ray/DVD was a $15.6 Billion market in the U.S.; Do you know there are still numerous Home Video companies? Contact list provided at class
- VOD Distribution
- Video On Demand has become a hot topic of conversation in recent years, but how can YOU generate significant revenues here?
- Digital / Internet Distribution
- What are the best sites to currently be on? How do you get on these sites? Should you use an aggregator or Do It Yourself? Can you make real money doing this?
- Key Art & Press Kits
- One of the most overlooked and misunderstood aspects of selling your movie; too many filmmakers represent their film with inferior materials, causing distributors to say ‘No’ before even watching it. Or similarly, turning off customers from buying your DVD, VOD viewing or digital download because of bad poster artwork and insufficient profile
- Social Media Strategies & Marketing
- What are the current methods the studios are using? What are the tools you should be using for your film? If you’re selling your film directly to the public, what strategies should you be employing?
- Film Festivals
- Are they worth your time & energy? How can you effectively use them to attain distribution? How can you generate Buzz, Press & Awards?
- Plus Q & A
Bottom line? This class is about getting results and achieving viable distribution. Or if choosing to go the DIY (“Do It Yourself”) route, putting your film into the marketplace effectively, to generate successful engagement and revenues.
Whether you have a low budget movie OR a movie with names, if you are serious about getting your film or documentary into the marketplace, then you should NOT miss this weekend.
PLUS, THERE WILL BE GUEST SPEAKERS, INCLUDING*:
- Alec McNayr (McBeard Media): Alec is the Creative Director and Co-Founder of McBeard Media, a social media company that leads digital marketing campaigns for clients including Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate and Universal Studios. A few of the movies Alec has done campaigns for include “Avatar,” “The Three Stooges,” “The Sitter,” “The Five-Year Engagement.”
- Michael Murphy (Gravitas Ventures): Michael is the President of Gravitas Ventures, one of the world's largest VOD programmers, specializing in the aggregation of entertainment content for distribution via platforms on cable VOD, broadband, mobile and the airline/hospitality industries. Michael is responsible for programming more than 30 independent films & events to cable, satellite & telco operators each month.
- Linda Nelson (Indie Rights): Linda is the CEO of Indie Rights, a company that specializes in the aggregation of movies for online distribution. For the films acquired, Linda utilizes all the major internet sites & digital platforms, including iTunes, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon, Snag, YouTube Rentals, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.
“Wow! It’s about time someone created a road map for this crazy complicated world of distribution. As film producers we need to know how to distribute our own films. It’s not just about producing them anymore. What’s the point if no one goes to see it? Finally, with Jerome’s Program, we not only have the knowledge to distribute our films, but we get to make money doing it! It doesn’t get any better than this!”
-- Suzanne Lyons, Producer of 9 Movies including Undertaking Betty, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things
Burbank Marriott Hotel
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
(Directly across the street from the Burbank Airport)
Special reduced room rate of $99 per night for attendees from out of town. If making phone reservations, ask for “The Secrets To Distribution” special rate.
*Speakers subject to change
- Date available: 05/23/2012
- Publication date: 05/23/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jerome Courshon
Jerome Courshon is an award-winning Producer/Writer, whose first movie was the critically acclaimed indie God, Sex & Apple Pie, released by Warner Bros. His challenging journey to get to the proverbial finish line was profiled in the Los Angeles Times and documented on several major film sites. After acquiring enormous experience & knowledge from playing "the game" of getting distribution for his own movie, he began assisting colleagues on their movies -- with some of them achieving distribution in as little as 4 months by applying his information.
The simple truth is this: While the so-called 3rd battle of moviemaking is gettin...