The Secrets to Distribution: Get Your Movie Distributed Now!
At a Glance
Created and presented by Film Producer Jerome Courshon, “THE SECRETS TO DISTRIBUTION: Get Your Movie Distributed Now!” is a series of 9 DVDs for Producers & Directors that cover the A to Z of getting their movies & documentaries distributed and into the marketplace.
The most comprehensive information on Distribution -- how to achieve it AND achieve it successfully -- is available to filmmakers anywhere they are, without having to travel to Courshon’s live classes in Los Angeles, California.
Nothing like this Program has ever been created before, and no film school in the world teaches the powerful information contained in it.
According to distribution expert Jerome Courshon, “The major problem for filmmakers is NOT the lack of viable options out there -- it’s their lack of knowledge and ‘inside’ information. If they knew what alumni of my classes know, a larger percentage of them would actually get results with their films!”
This comprehensive and advanced 3-Day Program (based on Courshon’s acclaimed Master Class) features him and special guests as they cover every aspect of distribution. Designed to be viewed and taken over 3 days, topics include:
- Theatrical Distribution
- Service Deal Distribution
- DIY Theatrical Distribution
- The 8 Fundamental Models into the Revenue Stream
- Home Video Distribution
- VOD / PPV / Cable Distribution
- Foreign Distribution
- Digital / Internet Distribution
- DIY Distribution
- Film Festivals
- Key Art / Taglines / Press Kits
- Deals & Contracts
Also participating in this Program are the following 6 distinguished Guest Speakers:
- Jon Reiss (Filmmaker, Author of "Think Outside the Box Office")
- Marc Rosenbush (Internet Marketing for Filmmakers)
- Mitch Levine (The Film Festival Group)
- Linda Nelson (CEO, Indie Rights)
- Alec McNayr (McBeard Media)
- Brian Stevenson (Vivendi Universal)
Just released, this DVD Series contains 18 Hours of Instruction on 9 DVDs, plus 300 pages of resources, case studies and crucial distributor contact lists. Courshon's Program addresses ALL the questions and challenges Producers & Directors face today -- and provides proven strategies and solutions. Examples of issues addressed:
- I finished my movie… Now what?
- I played at Sundance but didn't get a deal… Is it over?
- I didn't get into Sundance and no one wants my movie… How can I turn this around?
- Everyone is buzzing about DIY... Is success possible this way?
- Everyone’s excited about Internet & Digital Distribution... but where’s the money?
- I want a traditional distribution deal… How do I attain this?
- I don't want to be screwed by distributors… How do I protect myself?
Jerome Courshon ("God, Sex & Apple Pie”; "Life With Fiona”) learned the ‘game’ of distribution as a Producer in the trenches. From his film festival journeys to self-releasing his first movie into theaters to securing distribution with Warner Bros., Courshon has faced innumerable obstacles. And it's this hands-on “what works, what doesn't” approach that he is able to share with fellow filmmakers to help them achieve real success.
Educational institutions wishing to purchase the Program should contact The Writers Store for verification.*
The Educational Edition gives the educational institution public performance rights for classroom teaching, and it permits them to stock this and make it available to students in their libraries. *Not eligible for discounts.
- Date available: 03/11/2013
- Publication date: 03/11/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jerome Courshon
Jerome Courshon is an award-winning Producer/Writer, whose first movie was the critically acclaimed indie God, Sex & Apple Pie, released by Warner Bros. His challenging journey to get to the proverbial finish line was profiled in the Los Angeles Times and documented on several major film sites. After acquiring enormous experience & knowledge from playing "the game" of getting distribution for his own movie, he began assisting colleagues on their movies -- with some of them achieving distribution in as little as 4 months by applying his information.
The simple truth is this: While the so-called 3rd battle of moviemaking is gettin...