Save The Cat! Strikes Back
At a Glance
Get ready to face trouble like a pro… and strike back! Blake Snyder's simple and effective Save the Cat! method of screenwriting has helped countless writers streamline their scripts and get to FADE OUT. Now the book everyone has been clamoring for - the third book in the Save the Cat! series - is here! Inspired by questions from his workshops, lectures, and emails, Blake has listened to you and delivers new tips, tactics, and techniques to solve your writing problems:
- The 7 warning signs you might have a great idea - or not
- The sure-fire template for can't-miss loglines
- The difference between structure and formula
- The Transformation Machine that allows you to track your hero's growth step-by-step
- The 5 questions to keep your story's spine straight
- The 5-Point Finale to finish any story
- The Save the Cat!® Greenlight Checklist that gets to the heart of every development issue
- The right way to hear notes, deal with problematic producers, and dive into the rewrite with the right attitude
- Why and when an agent will appear
- How to discover the potential for greatness in any story
- How to avoid panic, doubt, and self-recrimination, and what it takes to succeed and dare to achieve your dreams
"A dazzling expansion on Blake's original insights, this essential screenwriting tool is practical and profound." - Mark Hentemann, Writer/Executive Producer, Family Guy
"Blake Snyder has given us another gem. From the most generous and genuine writer/teacher of our time, this book will inspire the reader to scale all of those seemingly insurmountable brick walls and keep going. A must read!" - Alyson Noël, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author, Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland
"Blake's best yet. It gives us a deeper personal insight to the relentlessly positive mindset that powered his great success and his generous spirit. His work and his inspiring legacy will remain timeless." - Rick Drew, movieScope Magazine
- Publisher: Save the Cat! Press
- Date available: 11/24/2009
- Publication date: 11/19/2009
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Blake Snyder
In his 20-year career as a screenwriter and producer, Blake Snyder sold dozens of scripts, including co-writing Blank Check, which became a hit for Disney, and Nuclear Family for Steven Spielberg - both million-dollar sales.
Named "one of Hollywood’s most successful spec screenwriters," Blake sold his most recently screenplay in 2009.
His book, Save the Cat!® The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need, was published in May, 2005, and is now in its sixteenth printing. It prompted "standing room only" appearances by Blake in New York, London, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Vancouver, Toronto, Barcelona, and Beijing -...