Pitch Like a Professional
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The challenge of writing a marketable screenplay can be one of the most daunting for young screenwriters. Everyone knows it’s impossible to predict the Hollywood market, yet how is it possible that some writers sell one script after another, while others with equal talent just spend their time collecting rejection letters?
Get Ready to Learn the Secret. Forget what you think you know about what makes a movie commercial. A great hook doesn’t come from selling out, or trying to anticipate Hollywood’s next flavor of the week. Rather, it grows organically out of very impulses that drove you to write in the first place. It’s suggested in every facet of your characters journey, and in every word you write. The art of the screenwriter is learning to make this hook as visceral for the audience as it is for you.
A Whole New Approach to High Concept Storytelling. In this groundbreaking webinar, Award-Winning Screenwriter Jacob Krueger will help you discover the underlying hook in your own storytelling. You’ll learn to identify the existing elements in your script that can make producers salivate, and how to focus your draft around them to deliver on what you promise.
Hone Your Pitch. You might be the next Charlie Kaufman in waiting, but unless you can pitch it, nobody is going to read it. Learn how to create a pitch that can make even the most jaded producer pay attention, so that you can sell your screenplay and yourself as a writer.
Find The People Who Can Help You, By Making The Most Of Your Own Social Network. Learn how to identify agents, producers, managers, actors, directors, and other entertainment professionals who are looking for just the kind of material you are writing, and how to break through the walls that seem to separate you from them.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Learn how to make your script irresistible through a great pitch
- Find out what makes your hook unique, and how to explain it to others
- Learn how to identify existing elements in your script that are of great appeal to producers
- Learn how to identify those who are looking for YOUR material—agents, producers, managers, actors, directors, and other entertainment professionals
- Learn tips and tricks to breaking through the walls that separate you from moving your script forward
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Writers have had their script rejected
- Writers who have a script and are ready to pitch
- Writers who are wanting to learn the ins and outs of pitching
- Writers who want techniques for identifying what makes their script unique and desirable
- Writers who want to understand pitching before finishing their script
- Writers who would like to learn more about finding ins with agents, producers, managers, and more
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Instructor: Jacob Krueger
- Date available: 03/14/2012
- Publication date: 02/21/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Jacob Krueger
Over his years in the entertainment industry, Jacob Krueger has worked with all kinds of writers, from Academy and Tony Award Winners to young writers picking up the pen for the first time. Jacob’s writing includes the screenplay for “The Matthew Shepard Story,” which won the Writers Guild of America Paul Selvin Award, earned Stockard Channing an Emmy for Best Actress, and was nominated a Gemini Award for Best Screenplay.
"Jacob Krueger is a true collaborator, totally dedicated to the project, leaving his ego behind, but nevertheless demanding the highest standards because of his sharp dramatic sense and intuition.” — ...