Packaging Your Baby for Hollywood
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
In a world full of noise, and fellow artists yelling “look at me,” Tom Sawyer will show you how to get past the gatekeepers of Hollywood, via brevity and punchiness. You will learn how to pique the interest of agents, producers, directors, and others with YOUR story and YOUR concept.
Tom will discuss the realities of the Film/TV business, the barriers faced by “outsiders,” and the challenges writers must deal with in trying to put their work in front of the people who make things happen. Learn how something as basic as conveying where “The Heat” is in your material, in as few words as possible, can be attention-grabbing.
Tom will help you get a handle on what it is you’re selling, and how to present it in ways that will make agents, producers, and directors want to see more.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The difference between the ‘business’ and the ‘game’ in Hollywood
- How to write loglines that hook ‘em
- How to put sizzle in your synopsis
- The art of an effective film treatment
- TV series concepts that work (and a few that don’t)
- What sells and what doesn’t when writing TV series presentations
- An approach to adaptation – the right mindset for turning your novel or idea into a screenplay
WHO SHOULD LISTEN
- Writers who would like to break into the Film/TV Business
- Writers who have written novels, plays, or short stories they’d like to pitch to Hollywood
- Aspiring writers who’d like to learn about accessing the entertainment business
- Writers in search of information from someone who’s been there, and succeeded
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 02/21/2013
- Publication date: 02/21/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Thomas Sawyer
Emmy & Edgar-nominated, novelist, screenwriter, playwright, was Head Writer-Showrunner of classic TV series, Murder, She Wrote. He’s written 9 network TV pilots, 100 episodes, wrote-directed the cult film comedy, Gosh, Alice Goodbody, is an award-winning documentary filmmaker. Co-lyricist-librettist of JACK, an opera about JFK, author of bestseller No Place to Run, and Fiction Writing Demystified.