Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Energy Entertainment, production and management company spearheaded by Brooklyn Weaver, hollywoods top spec sales manager, has just signed on as an additional judge for the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest!
1. Marcus Thomas - A Little Something Like This
2. Kathleen McGovern - Out On A Limb
3. T.J. Walker & Roxanne Wilder - Kick
4. J.A. Romo - Ghosts
5. Richard Valentine - The Exorcists
6. Olivia Briggs – Death Valley
7. David Kushner - Sex Education
8. Mark Allen - The Postmaster
9. Frank Papsadore - The Lady from Nantucket
10. Rita Yee - Mafia Man
11. Brad Sharpe - The Open Marriage Project
12. Timothy Furphy – Life of Crime
13. Benjamin Stinson - Magical Guardian Radiant Starlight
14. Brian Bullock & Damon Kobiak – Bloodline
15. Wes Meilandt – Expiration Date
16. Victoria Augustine – Ignorance
17. Chris Brannick – Take It Like A Man
18. Justin Kim – Dispense
19. Ed Vassie – Our Demons
20. Christopher Lynch – American Odyssey
21. Isabel Mittlestadt – Trust and Confidence
22. Heather Kenihan – Untitled Project
23. Victoria Witshire – Kings and Queens
24. Christina Burlison – Mount Banks
25. Darren Love – The Activists
26. Melissa Dearr – Apocalypse
27. Bryan Aran – The Struggle
28. Scott Baron – Blowback
29. Amanda Morad – Betty Bureau
30. Andre Patch & Monica Villanueva – Porter’s Crack, TX
31. Robert Sutherland – Recidivist Jinx
32. Kevin Moloney & Brian Coughlan – Panacea
33. Cynthia Anthony – Time Cloak
34. Ray Wong & Kevin Wright – Blank Slate
35. Benito Selim – Trade
36. Victor Fitzpatrick – My Brothers Keepers
37. Alice Charles – The Boyfriend Project
38. Allison Hagen – Noodle Prince
39. Cheri Redgrave - Shooting Sundusky
40. Heidi Hornbacher & Arturo Castillo – Resting Place
41. Todd Vogel – Open Wider
42. Rick Meyer – Those in Peril
43. Luther Mace – Ex-Factor
44. Joan Golden – Priceless
45. Brenda Arocho – Ivy Crypt
46. Benjamin Roof – Dusty Roads
47. Jenn Dlugos – Thicker Than Water
48. Jerry O’Grodnick – Untitled Sitcom
49. Chera Dehoff – LAWDS
50. Thomas Steenburg – Little Miss Perfect
Some of today’s most exciting storytelling happens on the small screen. From dramas like Homeland, Mad Men and Breaking Bad to comedies like The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, television has evolved to become the writer’s realm, where the most talented scribes rule season after season.
Sound like a dream job? Then get ready for your chance to break in to the dynamic world of writing for TV!
The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest is a one-of-a-kind competition that offers every entrant the unique chance to learn about the Industry, while also creating and writing a television pilot script.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and fill out our exclusive free TV Pilot Kit, including Show Proposal and Character Relationship worksheets along with illustrated examples.
- Submit your Pilot Kit to be judged by a panel of Industry pros. The top 50 semi-finalists win attendance to our exclusive TV Pilot Boot Camp: Designing The Series webinar (a $200 value!)
- Those 50 semi-finalists have one month to write the first draft of their pilots. Judges will narrow down the pool to 10 finalists.
- The top 10 finalists enter into our Story Specialists mentoring program, where they will polish their pilot and create a Show Bible.
- The final projects are submitted to a panel of judges and a winner is selected.
- The lucky winner of the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest receives unparalleled Industry experience, a meeting with Verve Talent & Literary Agency and much more.
This is your opportunity to learn about TV writing from some of the Industry’s A-list scribes, while also developing your own storytelling abilities. With those skills in place, just imagine the new opportunities you can create for yourself in the competitive world of screenwriting.
The Industry Insider TV Writing Contest is sponsored by Write Brothers software
Write Brothers provides cutting-edge software for writers looking to advance their craft. Movie Magic Screenwriter will format your screenplay to industry standards while Dramatica and Outline 4D will guide you through the story creation and outlining process.
- Contest Begins: February 1, 2014
- Early Deadline: March 31, 2014
- Early Fee: $40
- Standard Deadline: May 31, 2014
- Standard Fee: $50
- Extended Deadline: June 30, 2014
- Extended Fee: $75
- Semi-Finalists Announced: July 2014
- Finalists Announced: September 2014
- Mentoring Begins: September 2014
- Mentoring Completes: November 2014
- Winner Announced: December 2014
- Meetings: January 2015
Congratulations to writing partners David Kushner and Joshua Bullock as they are the 2013 Winners of The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Top Ten 2013 Finalists
- Keith Hendrick – Red Square
- Joshua Bullock & David Kushner – The (212)
- Kurt Conety – Absolved
- Kathlene McGover – MisSpeaks
- Doug Penikas – Houdini: The Untold Adventures
- Mary Krell-Oishi – ABCD
- Elizabeth B. Hooker – Young Will
- Justin Fox – Maddock & Brooks
- Ed Gaffney – Unpunished
- Katie Hennicke – The Pits