Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Some of today’s most exciting storytelling happens on the small screen. From dramas like Homeland, Mad Men and Breaking Bad to comedies like The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, television has evolved to become the writer’s realm, where the most talented scribes rule season after season.
Sound like a dream job? Then get ready for your chance to break in to the dynamic world of writing for TV!
The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest is a one-of-a-kind competition that offers every entrant the unique chance to learn about the Industry, while also creating and writing a television pilot script.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and fill out our exclusive free TV Pilot Kit, including Show Proposal and Character Relationship worksheets along with illustrated examples.
- Submit your Pilot Kit to be judged by a panel of Industry pros. The top 50 semi-finalists win attendance to our exclusive TV Pilot 101 webinar (a $200 value!)
- Those 50 semi-finalists have one month to write the first draft of their pilots. Judges will narrow down the pool to 10 finalists.
- The top 10 finalists enter into our Story Specialists mentoring program, where they will polish their pilot and create a Show Bible.
- The final projects are submitted to a panel of judges and a winner is selected.
- The lucky winner of the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest receives unparalleled Industry experience, a meeting with Verve Talent & Literary Agency and much more.
This is your opportunity to learn about TV writing from some of the Industry’s A-list scribes, while also developing your own storytelling abilities. With those skills in place, just imagine the new opportunities you can create for yourself in the competitive world of screenwriting.
The Industry Insider TV Writing Contest is sponsored by Write Brothers software
Write Brothers provides cutting-edge software for writers looking to advance their craft. Movie Magic Screenwriter will format your screenplay to industry standards while Dramatica and Outline 4D will guide you through the story creation and outlining process.
- Contest Begins: February 1, 2014
- Early Deadline: March 31, 2014
- Early Fee: $40
- Standard Deadline: May 31, 2014
- Standard Fee: $50
- Extended Deadline: June 30, 2014
- Extended Fee: $75
- Semi-Finalists Announced: July, 2014
- Finalists Announced: August, 2014
- Mentoring Begins: August, 2014
- Mentoring Completes: November, 2014
- Winner Announced: December 2014
- Meetings: January 2015
Congratulations to writing partners David Kushner and Joshua Bullock as they are the 2013 Winners of The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Top Ten 2013 Finalists
- Keith Hendrick – Red Square
- Joshua Bullock & David Kushner – The (212)
- Kurt Conety – Absolved
- Kathlene McGover – MisSpeaks
- Doug Penikas – Houdini: The Untold Adventures
- Mary Krell-Oishi – ABCD
- Elizabeth B. Hooker – Young Will
- Justin Fox – Maddock & Brooks
- Ed Gaffney – Unpunished
- Katie Hennicke – The Pits