Industry Insider Television Writing Contest
Some of today’s most exciting storytelling happens on the small screen. From dramas like Homeland, Mad Men and Breaking Bad to comedies like The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, television has evolved to become the writer’s realm, where the most talented scribes rule season after season.
Sound like a dream job? Then get ready for your chance to break in to the dynamic world of writing for TV!
The Industry Insider Television Writing Contest is a one-of-a-kind competition that offers every entrant the unique chance to learn about the Industry, while also creating and writing a television pilot script.
Here’s how it works:
- Download and fill out our exclusive free TV Pilot Kit, including Show Proposal and Character Relationship worksheets along with illustrated examples.
- Submit your Pilot Kit to be judged by a panel of Industry pros. The top 50 semi-finalists win attendance in a live TV Pilot 101 webinar (a $200 value!), conducted by Everybody Loves Raymond executive producer Ellen Sandler.
- Those 50 semi-finalists have one month to write the first draft of their pilots. Judges will narrow down the pool to 10 finalists.
- The top 10 finalists enter into our Story Specialists mentoring program, where they will polish their pilot and create a Show Bible.
- The final projects are submitted to a panel of judges and a winner is selected.
- The lucky winner of the Industry Insider Television Writing Contest receives unparalleled Industry experience, a meeting with an esteemed executive producer and much more.
This is your opportunity to learn about TV writing from some of the Industry’s A-list scribes, while also developing your own storytelling abilities. With those skills in place, just imagine the new opportunities you can create for yourself in the competitive world of screenwriting.
Sign up to participate in the Industry Insider TV Writing Contest Now!
- Contest Begins: February 15, 2013
- Early Deadline: April 15, 2013
- Early Fee: $40
- Standard Deadline: June 15, 2013
- Standard Fee: $50
- Semi-Finalists Announced: June 28, 2013
- Finalists Announced: August 16, 2013
- Mentoring Begins: August 19, 2013
- Mentoring Completes: November 16, 2013
- Winner Announced: December 2013
- Meetings: January 2014