Howdunit: Forensics: A Guide for Writers
Write your way around a crime scene with award-winning author and TV show consultant D.P. Lyle, M.D. who offers an insider's view of each area of forensics-from the crime scene to the autopsy and everything in between. Written specifically for writers, this book provides detailed information to make a story realistic and believable including:
- What a dead body reveals including the cause and manner of death.
- Procedures used to preserve a crime scene and the evidence gathered there such as bloodstains, document tampering, tire impressions, and more.
- Real-life cases and the role forensic evidence played in solving the crimes.
- A breakdown of the forensics system from its history and organization to standard evidence classification and collection methods.
Save yourself valuable writing time by sidestepping the checking and reading of numerous resources! This one book contains all the information and answers you're searching for.
- Publisher: Writer's Digest Books
- Date available: 04/04/2008
- Publication date: 04/04/2008
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: D.P. Lyle
D. P. Lyle, M.D. is the Edgar Award nominated author of Murder and Mayhem and Forensics for Dummies. He has worked as a consultant the writers and producers of Law & Order, CSI: Miami, Monk, and House.