Find the Right Producer (Through the Power of Your Own Social Network)
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
If you were a car salesman, you’d know better than to waste your time trying to squeeze a family of six into a sports car, or sell a movie-star a practical minivan. But when it comes to selling your screenplay, it’s easy to find yourself behaving like the worst kind of salesman, desperately pitching to anyone who will listen, without ever taking a moment to develop a game plan that can actually lead you to success.
Though it may seem like the doors of Hollywood are closed to you, the truth is that producers are as desperate for the right script as you are to sell yours. But to get those doors to open, you’ve got to have the right material, and target the right producers in the right ways.
In this webinar with Award-Winning Screenwriter Jacob Krueger, you’ll learn how to find the right producer for your project, form the connections you need through your own social network, talk to them in ways that will make them listen, and most importantly, make sure you have a product worth selling once you get there.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to identify the producers who will GET your writing (and how to recognize the ones who won’t)
- The top 5 reasons a screenplay gets rejected (that have nothing to do with the quality of your work)
- How to use the power of YOUR social network to break through the gates of Hollywood
- How to deal with rejection letters and turn your “enemies” into friends
- The top 10 ways a producer who doesn’t want your script can help you find the one who does
- How the instincts that drove you to write in the first place can be the key to selling your script
- How one simple mistake can make or break your pitch
- The top 5 elements of a great pitch
- How to know if your script is ready—and what to do if it’s not
- The top 5 mistakes writers make when selling their screenplays (and how you can use that knowledge to your advantage)
- How to show a producer you’re a professional
- What to do when the RIGHT person says, “no”
- A step-by-step approach to reach to the people you need in the way you need to reach them
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to sell their screenplays
- Writers who have had their script rejected
- Writers who have a great story, but are having trouble getting its full potential across to producers
- Writers who want to break into Hollywood
- Writers who feel they don’t have the right connections
- Writers who have received bad coverage
- Writers applying for festivals, competitions, fellowships and grants
- Writers who want to make the sales process as fun as the writing process
- Writers who want to improve their craft
- Writers who want techniques for identifying what makes their script unique and desirable
- Writers who need a step by step process to jump start their careers
- Writers who would like to attract a big star to their script
- Writers who would like to learn more about capturing the attention of agents, producers, and managers.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Instructor: Jacob Krueger
- Date available: 07/15/2012
- Publication date: 07/15/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Jacob Krueger
Over his years in the entertainment industry, Jacob Krueger has worked with all kinds of writers, from Academy and Tony Award Winners to young writers picking up the pen for the first time. Jacob’s writing includes the screenplay for “The Matthew Shepard Story,” which won the Writers Guild of America Paul Selvin Award, earned Stockard Channing an Emmy for Best Actress, and was nominated a Gemini Award for Best Screenplay.
"Jacob Krueger is a true collaborator, totally dedicated to the project, leaving his ego behind, but nevertheless demanding the highest standards because of his sharp dramatic sense and intuition.” — ...