Beyond Screenwriting: How to Make Your Pages Look Like You're A Seasoned Screenwriter
This webinar gives you a Hollywood screenwriter’s insider look to the real ins and outs of the industry trenches. Sterling Anderson will breakdown the elements of a good screenplay and teach you how to avoid mistakes even professional screenwriters make.
This webinar will provide easy-to-follow tips from how to get your screenplay read and to dealing with showrunners, line producers, and producers once you’ve gotten the job.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The difference between drama and exposition
- How to know when characters should speak
- How to write dialogue like an experienced writer
- The difference between “showing” and “telling” the story
- How to write and indicate that you know what your budget is for show or movie
- How to write a “bottle” or “submarine” episode
- How fast should you write
- When and when not to use “moments later” and “continuous” in scene headings
- When to use emotion in action
- When and when not to describe characters in detail
- How to correctly use parentheticals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Writers who want to get hired on a television show or to write a movie.
- Writers who want to keep their first jobs on a television show or new writing assignment.
- Writers who want their script to have the “look”’ of a good script.
- Writers who want to turn in scripts that feel like it was written by a professional.
OnDemand webinars do not include a critique.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Publisher: The Writers Store
- Instructor: Sterling Anderson
- Date available: 04/24/2012
- Publication date: 04/24/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Sterling Anderson
Sterling Anderson has written for some of the most popular network television shows, such as The Unit on CBS, as well as NBC’s Medium and Heist. His teleplay The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn, written for CBS starring Sidney Poitier, received three Emmy nominations and won an Image Award. Sterling’s extensive resume also includes screenplays written for Lions Gate, Disney, HBO, TriStar Pictures, and Columbia Pictures.
Sterling has written two books on writing. Beyond Screenwriting (available in paperback and ebook) and Writing Without Fear (available in ebook). The auth...